Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Mushroom Theme

For a certain period, Meraki Kitchen collaborated with Hokto Kinoko for their lunch meals and as we love to eat mushrooms we ordered our lunch from them. Kinoko means specialty mushrooms in Japanese.

They use three types of mushrooms in this meal -  Hokto Maitake (Hens of the woods), Hokto Bunashimeji (brown beech mushrooms), and Hokto Bunapi (white beech mushrooms).

If they give a choice of fish or chicken, I will always order fish instead of chicken. The price for fish is MYR 22 nett with free delivery instead of MYR 18 nett. Just like before, I just love the amount of vegetables in this lunch box - roasted 3 types of hokto mushrooms, roasted fish, sliced beetroot, shredded carrots and cabbage, spring onions with brown rice.

The dressing for this lunch box is miso ginger sesame dressing but I have never used any of their dressing as this meal is very tasty and to me, it does not need the dressing at all.

For lunch on another day, it was wrap. Roasted fish, chopped lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, lime juice and parsley with mint cucumber raita at MYR 20 nett. The fish wrap is a bit soggy when compared to my friend's chicken wrap but I am fine with it. I did not need the extra raita dip but I kept the tasty yogurt dip for my dinner.

Can see the chopped lettuce, onion and cucumber from this view.

Recently they changed their cardboard boxes to have a clear plastic window. Fish option costs MYR 22 nett.

As before, the fish is cut into cubes and there are lots of vegetables such as cucumber, purple cabbage, carrots and roasted potatoes.

20 comments:

  1. Looks so colourful and appetising

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Colourful is right, so pleasing to the eyes.

      Delete
  2. My girl loves mushrooms too, buttons especially...but can't get those here and she does not like the canned ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether we can grow button mushrooms in our climate. If yes, maybe you can try growing them yourself.

      Delete
  3. I like what you just ate. I always ordered wraps at McD's and pita at Nandos. I think I enjoy eating the meat being generously wrapped with vegetables and sauces like what you showed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wraps are easier to eat than rice IMHO! lolx!

      Delete
  4. looks colorful! I like mushrooms and colorful combination of different veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Meraki meals look really good. I must try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can just whatapps them to place your order. Really easy.

      Delete
  6. I love the specialty mushrooms. Must be good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I am thinking of eating wraps! I love mushrooms too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wraps are easy to eat when they are not thick rolls.

      Delete
  8. I love wraps too but I like to have them freshly made. Mushrooms is my another indulgence. I can eat lots and lots of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks very decent especially for packed food.

    ReplyDelete