Tuesday, June 26, 2018

GS After 2 years

It was back in March 2016 when I noticed a long queue outside this new eatery in One Utama. Now that the 3rd branch has opened in Midvalley Mall, I went there for brunch as they are now offering a discount of 15% until 8 July 2018.

Prawn Roe Dry Thin noodles (small portion) with Sui Gao dumplings (hidden underneath the noodles) at MYR 16.90+ (10% service charge = MYR 18.59 nett but after 15% off now it is just MYR 15.80 nett). The prawn roe has a fragrant roasted shrimp taste and the soup has the nice taste of dried fish.

Two small bowls of broad noodles with beef tendons (soup) at MYR 13.90+ and MYR 14.90+ (with sui gao dumplings). The noodles are on the firm side (al dente). 

A small portion of dry noodles with beef tendon and wanton dumplings (MYR 14.90+). The noodles are mixed with beef tendon gravy. The beef tendons are soft, full of collagen and tasty.

Both the wanton and sui gao dumplings have whole prawns in them with the sui gao having mushrooms fillings too. I will be back to have more of them as they are very delicious.

A cup of hot milk tea. Smooth.

Total bill for 4 pax after 15% discounts and 10% service charge is MYR 61.25 nett.

Mak's Chee at Midvalley Mall with the 15% off signboard which caught my attention.

Sign above the entrance.

Busy cooking the noodles.

We did not see the imported chili oil and chili sauce mentioned in the menu anywhere and did not ask about them because I do not feel that the noodles needed the chili oil and sauce since they are tasty.

Please click on the above image for a larger view to read the above story.

16 comments:

  1. The taste of HK wanton noodles and local wanton noodles are very different

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go for the noodles with beef tendons, soup and dry. Look good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef tendons are so yum that I must go eat again.

      Delete
  3. I like the look of the noodle. And wanton too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried this... It was nice enough but portions were too small. I wasn't keen to double the cost of my lunch since the noodles weren't cheap. So just headed over to Rotiboy to fill up the still-large space in the tummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you order the small or big portion? It is good that they gave us a choice.

      Delete
    2. next time go make sure you order the big portion.

      Delete
  5. I love all the food at Mak Chee's. Now the crowd and long queue at the 1-U outlet is missing. Hope they will do well and last for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The long queue is still there at Midvalley due to the 15% discount. Hope they can maintain their standard and keep their customers returning for more.

      Delete
  6. The noodles look thin and I like thin wanton noodles. I would love to try these noodles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must go and try the one at 1-Utama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder whether you will like it or not since it is remarkably different from Annie-1 wanton noodles.

      Delete