Wednesday, April 20, 2016

T2014 Sushi Express

When we were in Taipei, we kept coming across a sushi conveyor belt store. It seems that this store has many outlets and offers affordable sushi at one fixed low price of TWD30 per plate. TWD30 is about MYR3.60 so we decided to go for it and went to the Sushi Express (爭鮮迴轉壽司) at Ximending.

According to their website http://www.sushiexpress.com.tw/  they have a branch in Singapore too. For about  MYR3.60 a plate, I have to say that the quality is quite nice since we can't expect it to be the best. The key is to select only those sushi that is expensive since all plates cost the same price per plate but we did not do that because we wanted to try as many types as we could. There are a few types that we don't find at all in our local conveyor belt sushi chain stores. What we ate:

1. Fish and Roe Sushi

2. Pickled Fish Sushi

3. Prawns Sushi

4. Steamed okras

5. Smoked Salmon

6. Ikura Gunkan Maki Sushi

7. Mussels

8. Cashew Nuts Inari Sushi

9. Salmon Sashimi

10. Salmon Belly Sushi

11. Top view Salmon Belly Sushi

12. Salmon Sushi

13. Fish roe Sushi

14. Gunkan Maki with Shrimp Roe

15. Tamago

16. Mango Pudding (not nice)

17. Steamed Prawns

18. Steamed Egg

19. Fish Sushi

20. Mentai Squid Sushi

21. Fish Liver

22. Please click on the above menu for a larger image

23. Please click for a bigger image

For the low price, this is a place worth eating at. We wanted to return for more but couldn't find the time to do so as we have too many other eateries to explore.

36 comments:

  1. Lovely sushi! Steamed okra would make me yearn for sambal belacan to ulam, old habits did hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know of people who always travel with a small bottle of sambal belacan to eat with their food, hehehehe.

      Delete
  2. All the shushis look good, coz I like to eat sushis.. So any sushis will do for me, even the simple egg-mayo ones.. First time I see fish liver though..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you definitely must eat here when you go on vacation to Taiwan.

      Delete
  3. Wow...I saw cashew nut in the inari sushi. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to eat the cashew nut inari sushi! :)

      Delete
  4. Got Tamago, that's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to eat tamago too so I ordered it although it is not one of the usual expensive sushi.

      Delete
  5. Wow..so so raw! My girl loves all the raw salmon.. as for me, I prefer them a bit pan fried.. not so geli.. I like the one with the cashew nuts , something very different from here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, your girl is adventurous in eating. I like the cashew nuts sushi too.

      Delete
  6. Looks a bit like Sushi Mentai, the concept. But the food looks nicer here. The salmon sushi served with a wedge of lime, the cashew nut sushi, I think not just Malaysia, even in Japan also you cannot find. But okay lah, localize is good. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sushi Mentai still serves ala carte dishes and their sushi has two different prices. Sushi express has only TWD30 sushi plates, no ala carte dishes at all.

      Delete
  7. I love sushi except those with tamago. Strange because I love eggs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very strange. Is it because the tamago sushi is slightly sweet?

      Delete
  8. Looks good! Some unique ones too compared to what we get here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, there are some we seldom see here on the sushi conveyor belt.

      Delete
  9. Wow! Wow! Your close up sushi photos are so sharp and delicious to make me hungry. Now I am thinking of going to Sakae Sushi tonight. I am surprised to see steamed Okras which I like.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Japanese cuisine is my favourite, making me very hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome. I love sushi conveyor belt. The first sushi already attracted me. My kids would sure have many of those gunkan maki with shrimp roes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those gunkan maki with shrimp roes are tasty. Good choice!

      Delete
  12. seems like Taiwan is another food paradise, even on sushi! I'm so eager to try this out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do remember to try when you visit Taiwan. :)

      Delete
  13. I will probably go for the not so raw ones, the cashew nuts and jellies. The raw ones are nice to look at but I have yet to acquire the taste for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go for the smoked salmon, tamago, gunkan maki, inari and many other sushi with cooked toppings.

      Delete
  14. Only the mango pudding is not nice? Wow, the rest looks so good and the price is really reasonable. I'm a fan of sashimi so I guess I will have lots and lots of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, only the mango pudding is not nice because it does not taste like those HK mango pudding made from real mangoes. This one taste like those made from mango essence/cordial drinks. Yes again, you can eat many plates of sashimi with this reasonable price.

      Delete
  15. It's interesting that it's the same price coz there's 3 slices of salmon sashimi but only 2 slices on top of the salmon belly sushi. I would have just eaten the salmon sashimi if I were there but you're right, more important to try different things when travelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a no brainer to just go for those food that is worth more like salmon sashimi instead of tamago, hahahaha.

      Delete
  16. I like sushi with Mentai, as for chawanmushi, I can have 3 bowls of that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must like chawanmushi very much to eat 3 bowls at one go.

      Delete
  17. Your photos are so sharp and clear

    ReplyDelete