Friday, April 22, 2016

T2014 8 percent ice

Our friends in Taiwan brought us to this ice cream specialty store called 8% ice which serves gelato, sorbet and soft serve. We ordered three standard sized cups of macha (green tea) gelato, blackcurrant and rose gelato and mango sorbet (I think). Each cup costs TWD100 which is about MYR12. Normally I don't spend so much on ice cream but when one is out travelling, one tends to be less thrifty so expensive ice cream it is.

Don't be frightened by the strong colours because the colours are all natural colours as explained by their "aboutus page": http://8-ice.blogspot.my/p/about-us.html so the taste is really nice, no fake taste at all. They have other interesting choices such as "Brown Sugar with Sea Salt from Miyako Island" and "Matcha Yuzu" which we didn't manage to try because we were too full from eating almost all the time round the clock. This is a must-try for ice cream lovers.

28 comments:

  1. I don't fancy sorbets, coz to me, it's all just shaved ice.. I prefer gelato and creamy ice cream.. Your green tea gelato looks really creamy and milky..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The green tea ice cream here is good and they have a few types of green tea ice cream too. You can make your own sorbets at home.

      Delete
  2. I like any ice cream, doesn't matter what brand, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as they are nice, I like them too!

      Delete
  3. I think I'd enjoy the blackcurrant gelato and mango sorbet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oo love the colours here since they're natural. (BTW I thought your posts starting with 'T2014' were the same one at first!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily you found out that they are not the same. T2014 is to indicate that the post is related to the food I ate in Taiwan in 2014. The natural colours are so strong.

      Delete
  5. The blackcurrant and rose sounds like an interesting flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blackcurrant has a tinge of sourish so it is very refreshing and then you get the rose fragrant which is very light on top of the blackcurrant taste so the combination is very tasty and alluring.

      Delete
  6. Lovely colours! The gelato place here too - their dragon fruit has a very bright colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to try a dragon fruit gelato!

      Delete
  7. It is true that when one travels, the wallets also flies open easily!!

    That ice cream costs like Haagen Dazz! I would pay for good ice creams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are now many good self-made ice cream in KL too I heard but I never tried because too thrifty.

      Delete
  8. Expensive or not, must try at least a scoop.. after all, fly so far far, must not think of the price... hahahaa..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yam yam yam, for ice cream, I like yam flavour, sometimes it is good to pamper ourselves and spend on expensive ice cream

    ReplyDelete
  10. These looks so good. We here suffering from the heat wave, I everyday eat homemade popsicle. Sometimes twice a day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Homemade popsicles are the best! I could eat a few a day.

      Delete
  11. Nowadays got a lot of such Taiwanese ice cream in Malaysia already, but... they're more expensive than what you paid in Taiwan. And since I am not traveling, nice to see, not nice to buy... so no thanks >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What are the names of the Taiwanese ice cream shops? I only know of our local specialty ice cream shops that make their own ice cream.

      Delete
  12. We tend to spend while travelling especially on food, eating is a very satisfying thing to do, haaa...i would try the ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete