Saturday, November 28, 2015

Bunn Choon Egg Tart

Charcoal sesame egg tarts - MYR1.90 nett each. Normal egg tarts - MYR1.70 nett each. I can taste the lard in the pastry of both types of egg tart.
Almond tart - MYR2.50 nett each - the fillings taste like butter cake in pastry casing with almond slices toppings - tasty for those who like the taste of butter.
Pineapple Coconut flakes tart - MYR2.50 nett each. There are more coconut than pineapple in the fillings with a strong butter pastry.

There is a hole in the box to prevent water condensation

A stall in Imbi wet market

This is the only time that I went to the wet market in Imbi so we ordered the following food from the hawker stalls there but I did not take any photos of the food because it was crowded and quite dim so I will just list them here for my record:
1. The famous hainan tea (which has coffee in it) - MYR2.20 - very special taste of tea and coffee, unlike other hainan tea I have tasted before. For those who like to drink hainan tea should try this.
2. Kaya and butter bun - MYR2 from the same stall that serves the hainan tea.
3. Mee Sua in Rice wine soup with omelette ginger - MYR8 - a bit salty with lots of omelette and ginger slices. There were bits of egg shells in the omelette.
4. Nasi Lemak (Coconut milk rice) with Curry Pork Skin - MYR5.50 - The curry has a lot of coconut milk so is very creamy.
5. Char Kway Teow - MYR5 - a bit on the sweet side due to the dark soy sauce used.
Anyone ate at this Imbi Wet Market before?

24 comments:

  1. Imbi wet market? Dunno where that is. The tarts look gorgeous though and so cheap too - wait till you see the Portuguese egg tart I had yesterday, so miserable and RM2.20!!! What a rip off! Sobssss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is near Berjaya Times Square. Portugese egg tart is more expensive in general I think.

      Delete
  2. I used to go to Imbi market a long time ago and liked the food there. Since they may be moving soon, perhaps I should make another visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes please make another visit there and write about it. :)

      Delete
  3. Mun, the charcoal ones look interesting. So far I like those Portuguese egg tarts because of their fluffy pastry. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now they even have charcoal egg tarts :) It's hard to resist egg tarts. They are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I always like to eat egg tarts, more with butter pastry than those with lard pastry.

      Delete
  5. new types of egg tarts in the market ? no harm giving them a try..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not eaten charcoal egg tarts yet. Is there any difference between the charcoal and the normal egg tart?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little difference due to the sesame taste in the charcoal egg tart.

      Delete
  7. I am an egg tart lover! But I prefer Portugese tarts, love the burnt egg yolk, hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long time I did not eat the Portugese egg tarts.

      Delete
  8. I've not eaten charcoal egg tarts yet. Pretty interesting. Would love to try it out one day.

    I've not gone to Imbi Wet Market as I dont go to Imbi if there is no specific reason to be there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A specific reason to go to Imbi is to go to the Wet Market there. LOL!

      Delete
  9. I'm most attracted to the black sesame egg tart, never seen those, lagi never had those, I wana eat 3 pieces now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can go buy after CNY next year after your bb full moon.

      Delete
  10. I might have eaten at the wet market before when I was a kid...

    Charcoal egg tarts huh... Did they taste any different compared to the normal ones? If yes means you can taste the charcoal, then I'll stick to the normal ones..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ask your mother, she would know, right? A bit different, due to the sesame taste, not charcoal taste lah.

      Delete
  11. Nope, I never been to this wet market before considering it's quite far away from my place.

    I would love to have the egg tarts. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I am not the only one then. :) Egg tarts are almost everyone's favourite!

      Delete