Monday, November 30, 2015

Alternatives

Sometimes we really do not know what to eat for lunch during work week days so we ended up here, a place where I usually try not to eat at, mainly because I can order the food served here at a lower price at other places. So far, I have only been to this outlet twice for work lunch and don't think I will eat here anymore for the reason stated above.

I did not feel like having rice on that day so I ordered a single portion of braised soy sauce chicken (breast meat) without rice for MYR8.90 nett.

On the 2nd visit, I ordered a set value lunch at MYR10 nett which consists of rice, a single portion of chicken (roast chicken breast meat was my choice), soup (with nothing in it), and a glass of soft drink which I gave to my co-worker who drank two glasses of soft drink. The rice portion was too big for me to finish.

This was the single portion of roast chicken meat which came with the value set meal. Quite a lot too.

I am sure all of you are familiar with this eatery - the Chicken Rice Shop - they have outlets everywhere.

This is the chicken rice stall at The Sphere's food court. One can get a plate of chicken rice (with a bit less meat than that provided by TCRS) for around MYR6.80 nett so this is the alternative I mentioned earlier. I ate here a few times too for lunch.

26 comments:

  1. oooh it's TCRS, haha!! indeed ordering the set at RM10 is more worth than just a single portion of chicken at RM8.90.. I used to patronize this eatery last time but not now and I have forgotten for how long, hehe~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, more worth it to order value set but if don't want to eat rice, then save MYR1.10 is also better than ordering set and not eating the rice and not drinking the soft drink.

      Delete
  2. Oooo, means "lou kai farn" izzit.. My elder sister loves dining at TCRS.. Me, long time no eat liao.. haha..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, braised soy sauce chicken is lou kai but they have many other ways of cooking the chicken too - roast, bbq but no deep fried chicken I think.

      Delete
  3. Both are equally nice to go with rice.. I must have rice but maybe a small portion.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken looks good. Is that ginger beside the chili dip? Chicken rice is not chicken rice without that! Love it! RM10 is cheap! Wait till you see my RM12.90 set. Coming soon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is ginger but the drink is just normal carbonated soft drink.

      Delete
  5. I like to eat just chicken by itself too but it is expensive to order like that at the shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. Cannot just eat the chicken at TCRS.

      Delete
  6. I've not eaten TCRS for a long time now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess this is a place where everyone eats there once and that's it.

      Delete
  7. I also don't know what to eat for lunch everyday, just only two restaurants to choose, so boring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do write about what you eat for lunch sometimes please?

      Delete
  8. The chicken rice at The Sphere's foodcourt is really reasonably priced. My kids love the chicken rice at Food Republic One Utama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But the chicken meat given is less than those given by TCRS.

      Delete
  9. Looks good, now you are making me hungry, I can almost smell the chicken and the rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is almost 3am when you left your comment, no wonder you are hungry.

      Delete
  10. I have eaten in this chain for a grand total of.... one time. That was many many years ago.

    Nowadays, this chain only reminds me of a certain cheapskate manager in my office. He used to bring his first dates to this TCRS. His logic is that if the girl will "hiam" such a place and prefer buffets or fine dining, then she is materialistic and he does not want to proceed further.

    He is still single now by the way. He has two houses and two cars with no female owners to them. If you know anyone still single and can handle first date at TCRS, let me know, maybe we can play matchmaking! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, another one who ate just once at this place and no more. Aiyo, the person you mentioned is too materialistic to have a wife since the first thing he thinks about when going on a date is money and not love.

      Delete
  11. I used to frequent these outlets long ago when they newly opened. I dare say they still serve different quality of roasts in different outlets. I think their supply comes from same kitchen elsewhere.

    Your plate of chicken looked well done by judging its nice roasted skins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erh, chicken got medium rare one meh? LOL!

      Delete
    2. Hey, some got blood oozing from the bones. Bluek!

      Delete
    3. Ah, you are right. Those chicken meat with blood oozing from the bones can be considered medium rare.

      Delete
  12. I dont think I tasted this chicken rice before although I seen its outlets in KL. Like you said, for such price I could order 2 sets of chicken rice in coffee shops. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So no need to try unless absolutely nothing else to eat in that area.

      Delete