Saturday, March 22, 2014

Swensen's

It was a hot day. The men were visiting a motorcycle shop nearby and it was too hot for us to join them so we decided to go to Swensen's which is nearby to enjoy some ice-cream since we already had our lunch.

I seldom eat at Swensen's. This is my 2nd visit in 42 years. Reason being there are not many outlets around and I think their ice cream is too sweet for me but since this is the only eatery nearby, in order to escape from the hot sun, we had some ice cream there.

My sister-in-law ordered "Salted Gula Melaka (Coconut Palm Sugar) Sundae" - MYR21.90 - it has diced almonds and chocolate balls (something like Malteser chocolate balls).

I ordered "Topless 5" - a sampling of 5 ice cream flavours of my choice served without any toppings - MYR25.90 mainly because I want to try the different flavours. I know I should have just ordered one scoop of ice cream but then I thought I won't be coming here ever again so let's go for 5 scoops.

View from one side: Mango, Sticky Chewy Chocolate, Durian Supreme, Strawberry

View from the other side: Durian Supreme, Sticky Chewy Chocolate, Mango and Mocha Almond Fudge

True enough, the ice cream is too sweet for me but luckily my sister-in-law helped me to eat the ice cream. I like the Durian Supreme flavour because it tastes like sticky Durian paste that I used to eat as a child and the Mocha Almond Fudge flavour because it has pieces of almond in it. Not too keen on the Mango flavour because it tastes like Mango cordial drink. Strawberry and Chocolate flavour can't go too wrong so they are acceptable too.

Unfortunately both of us cannot eat that fast and most of the ice cream melted and we couldn't bring ourselves to drink the melted ice cream so we left it that way.

Service Charge: 10%
Gov. Tax: 6%
Total Bill: MYR 49.90 after a 10% discount due to paying by using Citibank credit card (There was an on-going Citibank credit card promotion but we did not know about it so it was just by chance we got this 10% discount).

14 comments:

  1. lovely ice cream, but a little pricey to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the price is about the same range as Baskin Robbins and Hagen Daaz.

      Delete
  2. I like the topless 5, I love to eat ice cream very much!!! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, so tempting. I ate some ice-cream too during this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ice cream is always within your reach in your shop. :)

      Delete
  4. oh goody Citibank can have extra discount ya. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure whether it is for all Swensen's outlets or not and until when.

      Delete