Friday, March 12, 2021

Hodoya Walnut Pastry

Yesterday, Thursday 11.mar.21, we went to Midvalley Mall for our weekly grocery for about one hour only and noticed Mitsuyado Sei-Men has opened for business now at the Gardens Mall.

Cross section of a Walnut Pastry filled with one walnut and red bean paste. Sweet but not too sweet. The pastry skin has a very slight eggy taste.

The walnut pastry is shaped like a Walnut. It is a traditional South Korean dessert called HodoGwaja.

I bought the smallest portion, a bag of 8 individually wrapped walnut pastry for MYR 10 nett.

Supposed to be very hot when served.

Bag on counter. Their fb page is https://www.facebook.com/HodoyaGardens/

11.04 am - MYR 10 nett price.

I didn't notice their kiosk which is near Jaya Grocer in Gardens Mall before this. I believe this kiosk started operating on 16.jan.21 based on their fb entries. I must have missed it during my previous visit.

Price list for pastry, coffee and soft drinks.

Unique point is that this pastry looks like a Walnut.

I ate 4, he ate 2 and I kept two in the freezer to try their texture and taste when frozen.

20 pieces in a small box for MYR 22 Nett so it is better value to buy 40 pieces in a bigger box for MYR 40 nett. Anyone interested to try?

16 comments:

  1. First time seeing this. I didnt notice the kiosk too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From their fb, it seems they started business in the gardens mall on 16.jan.21.

      Delete
  2. The ladies would love this, anything & everything Korean. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely patronise such kiosk so seldom buy these goodies. The walnut shaped pastry is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope not attractive enough for me. :) Packaging is nice though. Looks like they don't have much variety for sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the taste that matters more than looks when it is about food, right? Tasty wor this pastry.

      Delete
    2. But so small. One mouthful only.

      Delete
    3. It is still more affordable than some mini mooncakes

      Delete
  5. This is new to me. Looks cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh this is new to me. I havent come across this pastry yet but then again I have not been out from the house (except to the playground) since last year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, you are very good! That should be the way but many people are not as disciplined as you.

      Delete
  7. They are so creative to make it look like a real walnut shape. This nut is highly recommended for men to prevent prostate cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One step to make their pastry unique and different, in the walnut shape. Thanks, will encourage everyone to eat more walnuts.

      Delete