Monday, October 28, 2019

Hokkaido Durian Cheese Tart

Ever since NuxV mentioned that she likes this Hokkaido Durian Cheese Tart back in March 2019, I have been wanting to try it but never got around to doing so until last week on 23 Oct 2019 (Wednesday) when I saw a promotion of buy 6 cheese tarts and get 2 free at their kiosk in Secret Recipe, Midvalley Mall. The durian taste is authentic in the creamy cheese fillings. The pastry crust is sweet and a bit on the thick side. I ate one immediately after buying it and found that the fillings are very soft, almost in liquid form so the next day, I ate one frozen tart and found it to be too hard. Guess I should try one that is very cold but not frozen. Maybe next time I would do so as I have given away the rest (6) to my friends so I could not try it from this batch.

This is the Wednesday promotion in Oct 2019 - buy 6 regular sized tarts and get 2 regular sized tarts free. There is one Wednesday left in Oct (30 Oct 2019) to take advantage of this promotion.

The takeaway price is less than the dine-in price. Original and Chocolate Cheese Tarts are priced at MYR 5.80 nett each for takeaways.

Cookies and Cream, Blueberry and Durian Cheese Tarts are priced at MYR 6.60 nett each for takeaways.
I only wanted Durian Cheese Tarts so I got 6+2 of them. The total price is MYR 6.60 x 6 = MYR 39.60 nett so one Durian cheese tart costs MYR 4.95 nett which is a good price (a 25% discount).

Now they are having a promotion for chicken curry pie too. Buy 5 and get 1 free at a total price of MYR 29 nett so it is about MYR 4.83 nett per chicken curry pie. I have not tried this pie because I prefer beef pies. I hope they will have beef pies too.

Secret Recipe, Midvalley Mall occupies a corner shop unit and Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart has a counter on one side.

Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart Counter is next to the Cakes Display Counter.

Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart counter.

Please click on the above photo for a larger image. Left: Red Velvet Cake. Right: Premium Black Forest Cake. They both have the same price - dine in price for one slice is MYR 12.90 nett and takeaway price for one slice is MYR 11.80 nett. So I will bring my own container to buy one slice of Premium Black Forest for takeaway to save from using a cardboard box.

16 comments:

  1. They have this in Kuching - I saw one of their outlets that day but I did not buy any to try. Maybe I'll do that if I see it again when I go in December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hokkaido cheese tart has one outlet at changi airport terminal three but i never stop to buy maybe because i find the price is expensive for tarts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very attractive offer for cheese tart lovers. Me too prefer beef pies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef pies at Gravy Baby are very tasty!

      Delete
  4. I love this cheese tarts but not sure I would enjoy the durian flavour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like to eat durian, you would love this durian cheese tarts.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing the info on this promotion. I will try to see if the promotion is still available in some other Secret Recipe outlets, as I won't be goin to Mid Valley on tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed the promotion is available in other branches.

      Delete
  6. So many choices. I don't think I like the durian flavoured tarts even though I love fresh durians.

    ReplyDelete