Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Coffee Meet Tart

Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng Berempah (ala carte price is MYR 18.90++) promotion with a glass of cold watermelon juice (ala carte price is MYR 13.90++) at MYR 15.90++ (10% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 18.45 nett). So it is a savings of MYR 16.90++ which means this is good value for money. The deep fried whole chicken leg is tasty!

Then I saw this "Coffee Meet Tart" promotion where a cup of hot coffee and one cheese tart costs MYR 12++ (MYR 13.92 nett) only so I ordered one set.

Weekday set lunch promotion. Very good deal if you like to drink cold water melon juice with your main meal.

Some cakes in the cake counter. I am very tempted to try the Strawberry mille crepe but it is one or the other and the cheese tart promo wins hands down.

Coffee Meet Tart promotion.

Total price for these two deals are MYR 32.35 nett. The way they list out the individual item pricing is very confusing but the total price is correct.

Tokyo Secret Cafe at Midvalley Mall. This location used to be occupied by "Garden Lifestyle Store and Cafe" and as can be seen from the previous link, Tokyo Secret did not change any of the interior structure which is the pavilion in the middle so did Tokyo Secret save a lot of renovation cost by reusing the previous cafe's structure?

On another occasion which is a gathering of very old friends, my friend treated us to coffee after having dim sum here. I did not want to drink coffee so she treated me to a cheese tart instead.

Tokyo Secret cheese tart in One Utama.

Taste just as good as before when I first ate it back in 2016, about 3 years ago.

On the same day, I walked across the lobby of One World hotel and noticed that one of their cafe or is it restaurant is having tea time set at about MYR 80 per set for 2 pax. I wonder will I ever get to try it?

10 comments:

  1. The coffee and tart are calling me but i will have them as desserts after the main meal.

    This sat i am going to try the signature mille crepe at Lady M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lucky you can get to eat at Lady M again. Hope they open a store here.

      Delete
  2. Gosh! I have not has a cheese tart for so long, dunno if they are still selling them here. This looks like a Japanese place but they sell nasi lamak. That tea tome set at the hotel looks gorgeous! Save it for some special occasion, price on the very high side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess they need to sell a variety of food to attract customers.

      Delete
  3. I have not tried Tokyo Secret's cheese tarts but I have tried the ones from Komugi. Not bad at all. Maybe I will give Tokyo Secret a try next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, do give Tokyo secret's cheese tart a try.

      Delete
  4. Good value indeed! Arghh weekdays only though.

    Thanks for sharing the tea-time one. THAT one I can try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, maybe I'll go and try the coffee & tart promo one day.

    ReplyDelete