Tuesday, May 22, 2018

GS So Sayang

A plate of California maki at MYR 4.80 nett and 2 glass of refillable hot green tea at MYR 1.20 nett.

2 chawanmushi at MYR 5.80 nett each. This is a must-order item for my friend and I.


5 slices of Toro Salmon Sashmi (Salmon Belly) at MYR 18.80 nett and a small bowl of beef soba at  MYR 16.80 nett.

Just look at what I did - a no-no for many people. I put the premium raw salmon belly slices into the soup of the soba noodle which is piping hot so that the raw salmon slices are cooked. I do eat raw salmon slices but just for that day I decided to eat them just slightly cooked and I have to say that they taste great - very tender and full of salmon taste due to the salmon belly being more fatty. What a waste some people would say - so sayang!

Total bill for 2 pax at MYR 54.40 nett at Sushi Zanmai, The Gardens which is our default sushi place because the quality and price is acceptable.

18 comments:

  1. Nowadays I never eat raw salmon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can put in hot soup to cook it like the above.

      Delete
  2. I like the california maki and chawanmushi.

    Our default sushi place would be Sushi Express.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Easy when we have default places cos if don't know where to go eat then just go to default places.

      Delete
  3. The chawanmushi looks good and that's a gorgeous looking bowl of beef soba. We only have SK here and it's not really nice, expensive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SK here is very popular too but I have not been there for a very long time and don't plan to go there anytime soon.

      Delete
  4. I love California maki. My kids too. We always fight for it. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hah..hah... I have done that before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, when don't want to eat raw salmon but still want quality salmon slices so have to do this way. :D

      Delete
  6. 'beef & salmon' soba...become new item liao….

    ReplyDelete
  7. So the sayang doesn't refer to the shop name haha.

    Well sort of 'sayang' also but since the end result is only slightly done, ok lah right. My hubby buys tenderloin to boil for hours in soups and I think that's worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Premium beef boiled until tough is so so sayang. Hahahaha, no the sayang is not the name of the shop, hahahaha. :)

      Delete
  8. Argh! Really so sayang! I will never do that to my salmon. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have no problem eating raw sushi but I think baked salmon are most fragrant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer grilled salmon but must still be tender because I have eaten over grilled salmon that is so dry and hard.

      Delete