Friday, May 25, 2018

Answer to Quiz

The food item in the previous post is from the Bak Kut Teh claypot in the photo above. The claypot next to it contains pork stomach cooked in pepper soup.

Answer to previous post: It is a small intestine stuffed with many small intestines so from the photo, one can see the many layers. The photo showed a close up view. The actual size is about half the length of your little finger but a little bit fatter.Nowadays many places do not take the extra effort to do this to make it meaty. They serve the small intestine without stuffing it so it does not taste as nice.

I guess many who commented do not eat this food item. To me, when it is cleaned properly and stuffed with many layers and cooked in Bak Kut Teh broth, it is very tasty, just like eating the stomach in Bak Kut Teh broth.

16 comments:

  1. It sure looks good in the soup, I'd love it, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I eat pig's intestines when they come with Kway Chap or Pig's Organs Soup

    ReplyDelete
  3. Er, no thank you. I give it a pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dun eat intestine or any sorts of other organs unless it is cleaned thoroughly (which I doubt when eating outside), hence I seldom eat bkt with intestine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love eating these, worried about cholesterol only.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One or two a week is not going to affect much.

      Delete
  6. I stopped eating intestines long time ago. So, its no thanks to intestines but I love the stomach.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like it, eat it once in a time should be ok.

      Delete
  7. Layers of intestines, would that be very high in calories and fat? I may need to run another 10KM to burn it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had no idea that the intestines are stuffed. I thought it was naturally like that hah..hah...

    ReplyDelete