Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Fatty Surprise

On CNY Day 3 (18 Feb 2018, Sunday), we planned to eat brunch at Pho Vietz, Sri Petaling. Normally all car parking lots would be fully occupied on a Sunday but due to CNY, there were plenty of available spots for us to park our car. We reached there at 10.30 am to find that we were 30 minutes before opening time so we decided to walk around the area until 11 am.

To our delight, we discovered that A&W has opened a branch here. It was a nice surprise because there are no branches in any of the malls that I frequent so I thought they are no longer available in KL and I like to eat coney sausage roll and drink root beer float when I was a child and I still do. So for old times sake, we changed our plan.

My favourite coney beef sausage roll. I did not choose to add cheese (need to top up the price). 

A set meal of beef coney. I chose curly fries and it is included only in the large sets so I was given a large rootbeer drink. I changed the drink to root beer float by adding two scoops of vanilla ice cream at a price of MYR 2.20 nett. So the large set at MYR 15.05 nett was upgraded to MYR 17.25 nett. I also ordered 2 pieces chicken ala carte at MYR 10.25 nett with one original flavour and one spicy flavour.

I did not taste the chicken but we shared the sausage and drink. It was a satisfying brunch despite the high calories.

Total Price for 2 pax is MYR 27.50 nett.

Interior.

Shop front. I hope they stay open here for a long, long time.

20 comments:

  1. I am eyeing the two pieces of fried chicken, long time didnt eat fried chicken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For fried chicken, we will go for KFC most of the time.

      Delete
  2. Ahhhhh!!!! They're still around. Heard about the one at PJ Old Town closing down, thought all the outlets are following suit. 1st franchise food I've tasted ever, in Singapore - I think it was in 1971. Their root beer was the star attraction then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also thought all outlets are closed too.

      Delete
  3. Hi Mun.
    I'm not aure if A&W open a branch in kuching will do well. Many new fast food restaurant in kuching has low number of diners such as Burger King, kenny Rogers and Subway Station. The locals here still flock to Singapore Chicken Rice, KfC, Macdonald and Sugar Bun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here most popular is KFC followed by McD but I hope A&W can survive in this area.

      Delete
  4. Err there's one in 1u... or is it still there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is there an A&W branch in One Utama now? If there is, then very good but so far I have never seen A&W in One Utama before.

      Delete
    2. Used to be on in the 'middle' area near Starbucks. But I think must have closed down lah.

      Delete
    3. isn't that burger king at that location?

      Delete
    4. The middle section near the Rainforest. Kinda where Rotiboy is but different floor.

      Delete
    5. Oh it has closed down because it is no longer there.

      Delete
  5. We used to have 1 in Ipoh but now I am not sure. It was a very long time ago!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't know whether are they still there. I must go check.

      Delete
  6. Just when they have just closed down their oldest outlet in PJ Old Town, they opened branches in Taman Tun and Sri Petaling too. I also have fond memories of the Coney Dog set meals. Their root beer floats always made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It has been ages since I visited A&W! So they are still around :) I used to like their fish sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never eaten their fish sandwich before.

      Delete
  8. I have yet to try out the A&W in SP outlet although I passed by there a few times. It was crowded during then...would like to try their waffle and have my coney dog too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. crowded is good which means it can stay longer due to good business. coney sausage is my fav too.

      Delete