Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Uncle Don's

 Grilled Pork Chop Set - MYR13.40 nett with a choice of mushroom, BBQ or black pepper sauce and I chose mushroom sauce. Includes ice lemon tea (hot or cold) and a scoop of ice cream (vanilla, chocolate or strawberry). The pork chop is very thin so don't have a high expectation but the taste is ok.

My choice - strawberry ice cream and 2 of my friends were abstaining from cold food so I ate their ice cream too. 3 portions in total but since the scoop is so small, I feel that it is ok to eat 3 scoops.

It was a farewell lunch for one of my co workers so here is the list of what we ordered from the lunch set menu. Prices shown are nett.

Tag line - Uncle Don's - Dine like a Don everyday. What is a Don? In Japanese language, Don is the short form of the word Donburi which means rice bowl dish but this Don does not mean that.

This eatery serves alcohol too.

Always full house during lunch and dinner because of its affordable price.

Uncle Don's at SS2, PJ

20 comments:

  1. If for me, I will also choose mushroom sauce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I won't mind the portions for its cheap price. No wonder it is always full house.
    I didn't know there is a branch at SS2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for letting me know that there are other branches.

      Delete
  3. That looks really good, and the prices are reasonable too. We have an Uncle DoM here...but you probably can guess why I do not frequent that place. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bad service? too far away? no parking? not tasty?

      Delete
  4. It's the Italian kinda Don right.

    Was just thinking the pork chop is so big... fooled by the thickness then haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. at first I also thought that pork chop is kinda huge...but when u mentioned of its 'thickness'...I was immediately put off. Nowadays u no longer base in bangsar south?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are very observant. no longer there.

      Delete
  6. The pork chop looks good and price reasonable. I too prefer mushroom sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good offer with reasonable price. I would go for mushroom sauce too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Probably means Don Juan or Don Carlos or something. But then again, how does Don Juan dine, have no idea too hahaha! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to dine with friends who are abstaining from cold foods too so I can eat their share of ice creams. As it is now, my ice-creams are always gobbled up by my two ice-cream monsters >_<

    Anyway, back to your post. I don't mind thin pork chops if they are really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i see you like ice creams aa much as i do. the thin prk chops are quite ok so i thinkyou will like them.

      Delete
  10. Pork Chop price here is cheaper than the hawker's stall Western Food...but the spaghetti also price the same as pork chop? Must be a big portion. Hmmmm...........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes the portion is too much for me so i never order the pasta.

      Delete