Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Yum Cha at Ying Ker Lou

The last time we ate at Ying Ker Lou, we noticed this "Yum Cha & High Tea Dim Sum" special menu at Ying Ker Lou, The Curve (available from 10 am to 12 noon & 3 pm to 6 pm) and said to ourselves that we would come again to try it and we did. The price of each food item is from MYR3 to MYR6. This deal is not available at Ying Ker Lou at The Gardens mall now though it used to be available previously.

On the menu, it says the portion has been adjusted to suit one person (meaning the portion during this time period is less). We expected this of course since the price is cheaper too. And  it states on the special menu - strictly no takeaways. For the two of us, we ordered 7 items during the 10 am to 12 noon session.

Steamed Siew Mai - MYR6

Hakka Yellow Wine Xiao Long Bao - MYR6 - we still prefer Din Tai Fung's Xiao Long Bao.

Steamed Prawn Dumplings - MYR6 - prawns inside the dumplings are crunchy

Ho Po Vegetable Dumplings - MYR4

Steamed Fish Balls - MYR3

Pork Congee with salted egg & Century Egg - MYR5

Sweet potatoes ginger dessert - MYR4 - the ginger is very strong, my friend was sweating after drinking this. We did not order the braised peanuts but did not reject it when it was served so it was charged to us at MYR3.

The full spread - Total Bill came up to MYR42.90 after 10% service charge and 6% gov. tax

The complete special menu. Please click on it to see the items.

12 comments:

  1. Wow, yummy dim sum! I don't mind having dim sum every week, cause I love dim sum! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to yum char and eat dim sum too. Can enjoy leisure chatting with family and friends during yum char session.

      Delete
  2. Oohh, I've heard of Ying Ker Lou, but I also heard it's not cheap.. But if it's dimsum, I don't mind spending a bit, I love dimsum.. Tell you something, I can eat: a bowl of peitan-hamtan-sauyok-housi porridge, 2 plates of fried fishballs, 2 plates of siewmai, 1 plate of fried kueh-kak (chau lobak koh), 1 plate of fried stuffs like fried sui-kow (with mayonnaise dipping), 1 plate of wu-kok and 1 plate of egg-tart.. Burrrrpppppppppp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, I really tabik you, can eat and enjoy but not put on weight. Where is your favourite dim sum place?

      Delete
    2. Favourite dim sum place usually near my mum's place.. Cheras.. Neh, at Connought area there, many dimsum place right.. Previously, it was at Mexim, Yulek (next to Public Bank).. But now, under renovation..

      Delete
  3. heard people blogged about this . so far have yet to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Kucing, I go KL, u bring me eat since u have yet to try, can or not? Wink wink

      Delete
    2. If in the Curve at the right time can go and try if want to.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You come kl let me know and we can go eat dim sum.

      Delete
  5. When I had dim sum, I always must order siew mai and prawn dumplings, both are my favorite dish!!!

    ReplyDelete