Wednesday, March 21, 2018

WG Good But Hot Not Spicy

Prawn Mee - MYR 6.50 nett at the Chow Yang Coffee Shop, SS2, PJ. I like it because it is not spicy but my friend thinks it needs to be more hot and spicy to taste good. The pork slices look more like those in pork noodles. They are not those very thin and lean pork slices one usually find in Penang Prawn Mee but to me, this prawn mee tastes very nice.

I returned on another day to try the Mee Jawa at also the same price of MYR 6.50 nett.

Looks like it has a lot of ingredients. So tasty until I finished up the gravy.

Pieces of squid (sotong) hidden under the lettuce.

My friend had this plate of char kway teow at MYR 6.50 nett too. 

We will frequent this place to try the food from the other stalls though the weather is hot and I was sweating profusely when I was eating the Mee Jawa.

18 comments:

  1. I love to eat prawn noodles, be it soup or dry, i had tasted mee jawa at ksl before and it tastes quite similar to mee rebus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember having eaten dry prawn noodles before.

      Delete
  2. Everything looks good! I'm ok with these dishes, no need to be spicy. Can always ask for fresh cut chilies if I feel like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it because I can't eat too spicy food.

      Delete
  3. That prawn mee looks very delicious from its colour. Please try the best Penang Prawn Mee at Yong Len Coffee Shop at Taman Tun Dr. Ismail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have eaten there a very long time ago but will go there again to try since you recommended it here. Thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  4. I think I agree with your friends that prawn noodles need to be a bit spicy. Too bland not shiok for me. Haha.

    Wow, you finished up the gravy for the Mee Jawa. I read also feels macam so shiok!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so fat after drinking all the gravy, lolx!

      Delete
  5. wah, price is very reasonable for that bowl of mee jawa with so much ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had mee jawa for a long time. There is a stall at one of the coffee shops near me. I guess I should go eat that soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do try and let us know whether it is tasty or not.

      Delete
  7. Not easy to find tasty mee jawa in Ipoh these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tasted a few mee jawa that are not tasty because I feel that the gravy is all wrong.

      Delete
  8. Good and cheap. But gotta sacrifice comfort hehe.

    ReplyDelete