Wednesday, January 10, 2018

WG Salted Egg Yolk Prawns

Mix Vegetables - MYR 24+ (10% service charge = MYR 26.40 nett). Tasty and not as oily as it looks in the photo.

Salted Egg Yolk Prawns - MYR 38+ (MYR 41.80 nett) for 10 prawns in this 1 serving. I ate 4 prawns and I think I may have found my favourite prawn dish after searching for so long. Dragon-i and Canton-i restaurants are under the same parent organisation and this dish is on both their menu but the cooking style is very different. 

For Canton-i, there is not much gravy in the dish, the prawns seemed to be coated with salted egg yolk and deep fried and tasted kind of sweet but here, there is a thick salted egg yolk gravy to go with the prawns and it is not as sweet so I prefer this dish to Canton-i's version. The prawns are totally deshelled too unlike some places that like to leave the shell on the prawns' tails.

Braised Pork Belly with mantao (buns) - MYR 32+ (MYR 35.20 nett). This is quite a fatty dish and I just ate 1 piece of pork belly with all the fats which melted in my mouth and removed the fats from the rest of the pork belly. The gravy is on the sweet side. A bowl of rice costs MYR 3+ (MYR 3.30 nett).

Total price for 3 pax is MYR 113.30 nett making it around MYR 38 nett per person. Quite an expensive lunch on a week day.


16 comments:

  1. Would like to try Braised Pork Belly with buns the next time I visit Dragon-i in JB again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo...the braised pork belly! Now, I gotta go and have that today. Slurpssss!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The braised pork belly with buns looks very delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wah!
    Nice lunch.
    But not cheap, ya?

    ReplyDelete
  5. wah, eat so lavishly, bonus out ar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sobs sobs sobs, the company that I worked for does not give bonus!

      Delete
  6. I would have enjoyed the pork belly, fats and all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mixed vegs seem rather expensive. Yes the other dishes are pricey too, you don't get much food for the price you pay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how is the price like at your favourite restaurant that serves food like this?

      Delete
    2. Actually the price itself isn't the issue, it's coupled with the small amount on the plate. I'd expect double the quantity at least!

      Delete