Monday, January 22, 2018

GS Pulut Panggang

One of our regular eatery - Upeh at the Gardens Mall. Nasi Kerabu Hitam Ayam (Raw vege blue rice with chicken - blue from the butterfly pea flower) at MYR 23.10 nett. The beansprouts are totally raw and it goes well with the flavourful condiments on top of the rice. Ginger Honey Hot drink at MYR 6.25 nett.

Pulut Panggang (grilled glutinous rice with fillings) - MYR 3.20 nett for two pieces per serving. They reheated them and cut each in half for us. The glutinous rice is soft and the dried shrimps coconut flakes filling is sweet and salty at the same time. Very flavourful.

Total Bill for 2 pax is MYR 32.66 nett

18 comments:

  1. Oh wow. Totally raw beansprout. I like them lightly blanch. I havent eaten totally raw beansprout though. Should try them out one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you tried growing your own beansprouts? If you have, you can eat them raw. Should be naturally sweet.

      Delete
  2. We call them pulut inti, the ones with sambal filling. Our pulut panggang is empty and it is really very well-pangganged for that coveted smoked fragrance...and it must be lemak too, generous with the santan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this one is lemak enough but maybe not up to your standard.

      Delete
  3. I love panggang. Must be with filling. I dont mind those without filling but the rice must be fragrant and tasty.

    Oh my. Your nasi kerabu made me drooling. Thinking of it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those with fillings are more flavourful.

      Delete
  4. These days the blue rice is getting more popular and making its presence in many restaurants. I have not heard of this blue rice some 10 years ago except that Nyonya blue glutinous rice with kaya. Pulut Panggang is nice and aromatic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss pulut panggang especially the one from Terengganu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wahhh.. nice nice... I like those pulut sambal "pregnant" with lots of fillings.. hahaaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will like to try the pulut pang gang from your description

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both the nasi kerabu and pulut panggang. Both are my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both too but must share as cannot finish the portion on my own.

      Delete
  9. Hmm must try this place one day. Your orders look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is located a few doors from Zun Express!

      Delete