Monday, December 8, 2014

Croque Madame

After I read Lazy Man’s Croque-Monsieur, I remember that I have eaten Croque-Madame before so I go through my photo album and dig out these photos.

Back in 2012, Delicious at MidValley was having this breakfast set from 8am to 11am for MYR9.90++ (service charge: 10%, gov. tax: 6%).  Croque Madame - Poached egg stacked on grilled bread and turkey ham with cheese sauce (Cheddar, Gruyere, Parmesan and Mozzarella) served with a drink.

I do not eat poached egg due to the runny yolk but just for this time, I did by mixing the runny yolk with the strong tasting cheese sauce. Ended up very satiated but it tasted fine. I then skipped lunch and only ate a light dinner - that was how satiated I was by this meal.

Taken from wikipedia.org: A croque-monsieur is a hot ham and cheese (typically Emmental or Gruyère) grilled sandwich. It originated in France as a fast-food snack served in cafés and bars. A croque-monsieur served with a fried egg or poached egg on top is known as a croque-madame.

Top View - the poached egg is hidden underneath the cheese sauce

Side View

Front View

28 comments:

  1. Looks so so good.. I like poached eggs becoz of the runny yolk.. Haha.. Usually I will slurppp all the yolk and then eat the whites after that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. With egg it is a madame. No egg it is a monsieur. Interesting. Thanks for the sharing. I learn something today.

    Btw I love poached egg because of the runny yolk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo...I would love that...very very much! And me too, the yolk must be runny... You're outnumbered. Hehehehehehe!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, looks like many people loves runny yolk! :D

      Delete
  4. yeah, I read about RealGunner's lazy man croque-monsieur and it actually looks nice!! so you had this croque-madame with you to pair up huh?? interesting, that you remembered you had that two years ago and able to dig out the photos!! for such a long time ago, either I did not take photo or I have already deleted them, haha!! looks good with an egg on top of this French style toastie, and sure a great thing for dinner as this is something wholesome, delicious and satisfying!!! can I tambah a sausage?? and croque-"what??" it will be called?? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you don't keep your photos? Hahaha, have to ask the French what they will call your creation. :p

      Delete
  5. LOL! Nice! But, the cheese is on top of the egg instead of in between the bread? Then this is not too authentic. The cheese is supposed to be the glue sticking both slices of bread together.
    But then, the taste should be the same lah :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess they try to put in their own touches to the madame. :D

      Delete
  6. Gooey egg.....yes :) Gooey cheese sauce....no thanks :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with contact.ewew. I cannot stand strong cheese :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. hmnnn...i cannot stand strong cheese...but i like runny yolk...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaa....I love cheese and I love toast too.....I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gosh, I love egg benedict & this is done perfectly! I enjoy making egg ben for my son & we really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Havent tried this before.... I think I can finish half... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was full halfway too but don't want to waste food so stuffed my face in the end.

      Delete
  12. I LOVE runny egg yolks and I LOVE strong cheese too! :)

    I ate a Limburger in Germany that my better half would not touch. I thought it was nice and I wanted her to try it but she only managed a nibble coz she doesn't like all the strong tasting and smelling cheese that I love.|

    Oh ya, how come you don't eat runny yolks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find them very geli, if you know what I mean. I love hard boiled eggs and fried eggs and scrambled eggs, just not runny yolks.

      Delete
  13. Wow!! This food photo makes me drool right now and I appreciate such nice food presentations that looked artistic!!

    ReplyDelete