Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Hainan Tea Cafe

* Updated in May 2016, this eatery has long ceased operation at this location.

I noticed this new shop so decided to try it out.

Looked through the menu.
.
Got distracted by this very pretty pastel painting but finally placed our order.

Hainan Tea (Cold) - MYR4.90 - The tea taste is not strong so I think this price is a bit on the steep side

Nasi Lemak Chicken Rendang - MYR13.90 - The rice is quite tasty but the portion is smaller compared to those served by other modern kopitiam eateries. The piece of chicken is quite small too. Guess the price has factored in the renovation cost for this eatery.

 Raw concrete walls as per the current trend.

The iron frame on the left I believe is supposed to have pots of green plants on it but then someone got tired of watering the plants so they have removed all the pots so no more plants now.

You can watch TV here.

It is also a bakery as it sells breads and cakes too.

Total Bill: MYR20.70 (2 pax - sharing)
Service Charge: 10%
Govt. Tax: NA

Hainan Tea Sdn Bhd
No. 5 & 7, Block 3 Jalil Link
Jalan Jalil Jaya 57000 KL
Tel: 03-89990160

20 comments:

  1. Reminds me of chicken chop and Hailam mee.. Wait, are they the same? Hailam and Hainan? Hehe..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you areright! The two words refer to the same thing.

      Delete
  2. certainly not going to be cheap to dine in places like this.. we call this the high-end version kopitiam, surely the price is going to be at least double those at traditional kopitiam??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traditional kopitiam? You mean those coffee shop that has stalls selling noodles and chap fan. Of course yes.

      Delete
  3. i thought the Iced Hainan Tea at RM4.90 is not too pricey, what i would expect drinks in these type of eateries start from RM5.90, hahaha!! but the nasi lemak is indeed pricey i would say, it looks so small~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot how much iced hainan tea costs in paparich and old town. Next time I check and find out.

      Delete
  4. ...and I had Hainanese chicken rice in my post today. What a coincidence. I actually had nasi lemak this morning...but that post will not be published for a long time - will be having all my Bintulu posts first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If they use a fancy plate instead of that brown paper, might still be able to hoodwink people to think it is not too expensive. Oldtown / Papparich also about that price. The brown paper gives it a more pronounced "cheap" feeling..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a proper plate underneath the brown paper.

      Delete
  6. Pricey lah. I would have to eat two portions of nasi lemak to get full :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2 portions would be expensive for a meal.

      Delete
  7. Never try never know, right? Small portion is good enough for me.. but definitely not enough for the males.. :) Nowadays everything has gone up... so most times when I eat out in coffeeshops, I order plain water only... so kiamsiap me! hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dog on the bicycle so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a cosy place! I love the paintings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is cosy so paying for the ambiance and not that much on food. :)

      Delete
  10. The pastel painting and interior is nice & trendy but I am not familiar with this area. I always like to meet friends for a chat at such cafes! Cosy and affordable choice.
    If I need to spend whole night talking for 5 hours, I would take Starbucks - max comfort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how to appreciate the finer things in life. Very good indeed.

      Delete