Wednesday, July 7, 2021

10 Kopitiam Jalil Link Pickup

 Today is Wednesday 7.jul.21 Day 9 of PPN phase 1. Yesterday, we went out to buy takeaway food from our regular stalls in coffee shops to give local support. Today, we are just staying home and ordering food delivery to take advantage of the 7.7 promo.

*** Food on Tue 6.jul.21 ***

--- Eat Raw Carrots ---

1 pm - There are two carrots in the fridge bought on Sun 20.jun.21 which were remaining ones that weren't used to boil ABC soup on Mon 21.jun.21 so I need to clear them. As I am lazy to cook them, I just cut them into a bowl and ate them raw. Surprisingly they are very crunchy and easy to masticate by my weak teeth. It felt like drinking carrot juice when the carrots are fully crushed by my teeth and all the juices were squeezed out in my mouth.


The above url says:

"Raw or steamed carrots provide the most nutritional value. Also, carotenoids and vitamin A may absorb better in the presence of fats. For this reason, people should eat carrots with a healthful source of fat, such as avocado, nuts, or seeds".

So I guess my lazy way to eat carrots raw has benefits.

--- Getting Ready for Mooncake Festival ---

12.15 noon - I saw this childhood piggy biscuit in a basket being sold at the pastry stall in Choy Kei coffee shop yesterday when I was buying 2 egg tarts, 2 siew baos, 1 kaya puff from it so I bought one for old time sake. Total price for all the pastries I bought: MYR 12.30 nett.

This piggy is just a kosong mooncake skin pastry with no fillings. I didn't eat it cos he ate it all and said, it tastes just like the piggy mooncake pastry when he was young. So I guess it is a plus.

--- MYR 2 nett Nasi Lemak Bungkus ---

9.30 am - when I was walking along Jalan lazat 1, happy garden, kl to buy takeaway food from Choy Kei and Lucky Alley coffee shop, I saw this makeshift stall at the roadside shed selling bread so I went to buy green gardenia wholemeal bread with expiry date 10.jul.21 at MYR 3.30 nett and then saw people buying this nasi lemak Bungkus so I also bought one pack at MYR 2 nett. It is made by Kak Ant. I scan QR to check in and the name of the bread stall is Yong Mooi Makanan.

Unwrap the paper packaging to see this.

A lot of rice. Sambal is not that spicy so I am ok with it. Half a hard boiled egg, a bit of anchovies, a bit of peanuts, some slices of cucumber and sambal. That's it. I can't believe I ate all of this nasi lemak myself because he doesn't want it. Decent enough for a carb breakfast to fuel the day.

--- breakfast for Tue 6.jul.21 ---

9.15 am - both of us shared this seafood meehoon MYR 8.50 nett from Choy Kei coffee shop. We make it a point to buy this meehoon once a week to support the elderly couple running this stall and also because we like to eat it.

9.48 am - the ccf stall in Choy Kei coffee shop is now selling bakwa chicken floss bun so bought one at MYR 4.50 nett shared by two of us. A lot of chicken floss but the plum sauce for the bakwa is unlike the usual ones that we are used to so not going to buy this again but will buy their ccf instead.

*** Food on Mon 5.jul.21 ***

1.43 pm - on our way home as usual we will pass by Jalil Link so will do a pit stop there to pick up our lunch and dinner. Previously we bought from Good Taste twice so this time, we chose the shop next to Good Taste. The name of the shop as can be seen from the photo above is Kopitiam below the Hair Doc signboard next to Good Taste signboard which is the long red signboard.

In the food panda app this eatery is named as 10's Kopitiam but on the signboard above the 10's is written in pu tong hua characters only. I wonder if one doesn't read pu tong hua, how does one find the shop?

2.40 pm - I have no idea what food is nice in this shop so randomly choose two rice dishes and one iced white coffee. They also sell noodles, nasi lemak, ccf and many assorted food items. After all the discounts, can say each rice dish costs MYR 10 nett and the drink is MYR 3.49 nett so the prices are reasonable.

2.05 pm - both of us shared this pineapple fried rice for our lunch on the Monday, the day itself. Taste acceptable. There are 3 prawns in the rice. After that I brushed my teeth and didn't eat anything else for the day. He just ate bread and butter for dinner.

This is the pork chop rice that we kept in the fridge for another day after eating all the raw cabbages cos raw cabbages do not keep well in the fridge. We also ate half the pork chop before keeping it in the fridge.

*** Shared dinner on Tuesday 6.jul.21 ***

6.30 pm - he reheated up the pork chop rice and fried another egg so that both of us share this meal for dinner. This meal reminds me of the pork chop rice that we used to eat in Yau Hao Fook, Sri petaling back in year 2014. Miss the food served by that coffee shop. They are no longer in Sri petaling now but hopefully they did open a similar eatery in another place.

6.48 pm - my portion of pork chop rice. In the food panda app, customers must choose either black pepper sauce or mushroom sauce. Luckily I didn't throw the mushroom sauce that I have chosen away because there are slices of button mushrooms inside the sauce. I then pour all the sauce onto the rice to eat it so as not to waste the sauce.

--- the end ---

12 comments:

  1. both u and ur spouse are small eaters and can share on every meal. I need to have full portion, else i will go hungry...*still growing up mode, LOL! The mushroom sauce can dip with bread too if u r not planning to eat with rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely are still in growing mode so please eat when you are able to enjoy eating! Bon appetit! Oh, is it? Next time if buy this again, will dip bread into the mushroom sauce. Thanks for the suggestion. 👍

      Delete
  2. Mooncake festival coming so fast! Did not realize that half the year already gone :D I am looking forwards to the kam thui mooncake hee..hee...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah,maybe this year I will buy one Kam thui mooncake. Which brand do you recommend for the Kam thui mooncake?

      Delete
  3. I love to drink carrot juice with fresh milk. I miss eating kam thui mooncake. I have pineapple in my fridge. I think I can try to make pineapple fried rice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you blend your own carrot juice with fresh milk? Your pineapple fried rice would be delicious as you are a good cook. Maybe buy one Kam thui mooncake this year?

      Delete
  4. Yeah mooncake festival is just around the corner. I want that childhood piggy biscuit. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe can easily buy them in melaka.

      Delete
  5. Just hard boiled egg and sambal in my nasi lemak is good enough for me, yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you like to eat rice a lot, this nasi lemak kosong would be very Satisfying.

      Delete
  6. Mooncake ranges quite a bit from nice to not-nice. I don't dare buy a lot from a stall I'm not familiar with. Scared end up having to struggle to finish.

    Having the banana leaf there totally elevates the look of that nasi lemak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since SE and JE don't like sweet food that much, can understand you must buy a bit to try else you have to eat all yourself. Hahahaha, you do like banana leaf. 😀

      Delete