Thursday, November 26, 2020

Gulab Jamoon

 Gulab means Rose in Hindi and Jamoon means berry according to this recipe for it:

https://www.indianhealthyrecipes.com/gulab-jamun-recipe-using-milk-powder/

Gulab Jamoon is a dessert of deep fried balls made from milk solids and flour soaked in rose syrup. It is very sweet so I just ate one on the day I bought it (Thursday 12 Nov 2020).

There are two balls soaking in rose syrup still in my fridge. Maybe will eat them on Christmas day but hopefully before then. I don't think they will go bad since they are preserved in the syrup in the cold fridge.

*** Wednesday 25 Nov 2020 d253 ***

Not my breakfast of pork stomach soup bought from Lucky Alley on Tuesday with diy added lettuce and Mee Hoon. A hearty soupy meal to warm the tummy on a cold raining morning. My breakfast is bread with a brinjal ytf bought on Tuesday from Lucky Alley too.

Not my lunch of a brinjal ytf and a bittergourd ytf with char siew rice from Tuesday with diy added lettuce. My lunch is butter sour cream cake.

Not my dinner of beef rendang from Upeh bought on Sunday with lettuce and instant noodles. My dinner is orange and mung bean pastries.

20 comments:

  1. This gulab thingy is bought during deepavali? Why wait till Xmas to eat it? By then u would save my stomach for chocolates & roasted turkey😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, bought two days before deepavali. Cos only festive day like Xmas can indulge in sweets. No roasted turkey cos too big I eat only a bit.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I definitely hope to eat nice meals on Christmas. Yes will save tummy for nice Xmas meals especially brussel sprouts.

      Delete
  3. Yes, the Indian sweets are very very very sweet. I love the milk in them. Can't get them here, of course, not many Indians around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure the chefs in Payung can make these sweet sweet desserts or other similar desserts for special occasions like deepavali if they want to.

      Delete
  4. How I wish I could try these Gulab Jamoon. Too bad over here we don't have such luxury.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing about Gulab Jamoon. I often go to Brickfields area as I am brokering 2 high end condos at KL Sentral, so I often saw shops selling all the Indian candies and sweetest desserts. I had no idea and wouldn't dare to try all of them. They have just too many types. Now I will buy Gulab when I see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely too many varieties of sweet desserts that they have.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I never tasted those Gulab before, must be super sweet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just eat one ball like me is ok. Is super sweet if you drink all the syrup.

      Delete
  7. I have never come across Gulab balls. I am cooking beef rendang for today's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Beef rendang sounds so delicious! Maybe you miss them in the menu.

      Delete
  8. Never try such dessert but I don't think I would enjoy it. Too sweet, I dont like.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like having Indian sweets once in a blue moon like when happen to receive. Never actually go and buy.

    Wah you do eat all kinds of "non-meals" for meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya anything to fill up hunger is ok with me.

      Delete
  10. Even though i have a sweet tooth but too sweet is not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you may like this. Just eat the balls and only drink a little of the syrup.

      Delete