Saturday, June 29, 2019

Good Taste no more

As usual, on our way home, we will pass by this Good Taste eatery in Jalil Links which started business at this location on 19 Sept 2014, nearly 5 years ago and still going strong.

A plate of roast duck and roast pork (siu yuk) combo rice at MYR 10.90++ (5% service charge and 6% SST = MYR 12.09 nett).

The roast duck breast meat and roast pork (siu yuk) is decent enough.

A bowl of hot barley with beancurd at MYR 3.80++ (MYR 4.22 nett). My friend complained to me that it tastes like it has condensed milk in it. I tried it and could only detect a slight condensed milk taste but my friend could not stand the taste so I had to finish it.

Dry noodles with char siew (BBQ pork) and wantons (small portion) at MYR 7.50++ (MYR 8.33 nett). My friend complained to me that the BBQ pork seems to have been brushed with a layer of melted butter so I had to eat all the BBQ pork too so I guess we won't be eating here again since so many complaints from my friend.

Total price for 2 pax for lunch is MYR 24.65 nett.

16 comments:

  1. But to me, everything looks good - I sure would not mind eating the wanton mee especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear. Barley that tastes of condensed milk and char siew that has butter taste. That would put me off too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. but I couldn't taste both complaints, hahaha, only very slightly when I concentrate hard.

      Delete
  3. Alamak!

    But how did you yourself rate the food?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the picture, everything looks good. Some people have taste buds that are more sensitive than others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very thick slices of meat. Melted butter taste?? Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look good to me too and i want that barley with beancurd!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this Good Taste have few outlets chain. I still enjoy eating the one at Taman Desa esp their coffee with charcoal toasted bread with Kaya!! I must try their barley with bean curd next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are many outlets around the Klang Valley and they are doing well, all seemed filled with people during meal times.

      Delete
  8. Looks ok, though guess can't judge a book from its cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taste should be ok for you cos I could not detect those taste that my friend complained about.

      Delete