Monday, May 23, 2016

WT Snacks and Breakfast

Auckland posts: We chose not to have breakfasts at the small inn as breakfasts are not included in the room rates so we bought these snacks from the local supermarket for us to line our stomachs when we get hungry in our rooms. Cereal bars to keep hunger at bay. The inn charges NZD16 (about MYR44.30 now) per head for a breakfast of coffee, bread and cereal, no warm cook-to-order meals at all so no big breakfast.

Not-so-healthy Cup a Soup: Tomato, Chicken Noodle and Spring Vegetable. Just mix the powder with hot water. Taste so-so but anything hot and savoury is good in winter.

Bread and Peanut Butter, Fruits: Golden Kiwi Fruits and Oranges.

Vogel's Original Mixed Grain bread. This loaf of bread is heavy and it turned bad (moldy) after a few days which shows that no preservatives are used. This brand has many types of bread as shown by this web page: http://www.vogels.co.nz/our-range/bread/

Most days I would start the day with a cup of hot cadbury chocolate drink to keep me warm.

Sometimes a drink is not enough so I will eat a cereal bar.

On days that I prefer to have a savoury hot drink, I would mix a pack of the soup powder with hot water to get a cup of  spring vegetable soup for breakfast.

20 comments:

  1. Long time never buy Cup a Soup from supermarket le

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never buy Cup a Soup locally because can boil soup at home.

      Delete
  2. Not used to cereal bars as I thought that they are always so hard, I have no teeth to bite

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have cereal bars and they are very convenient when we are hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheapest when there - buy things from the market or supermarket, eat in. We did that in Wellington, sure saved a lot, not expensive...not like eating out. In Auckland, my wonderful friends took care of everything during our week long stay there, such wonderful people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To eat out, the meals are at least NZD10 each. Your friends in Auckland are so very warm and friendly.

      Delete
  5. I'm not a fan of cereal bars and instant soups but I like mixed grain breads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To keep the costs down in foreign countries, have to resort to cereal bars and instant soups although we don't like them as much too but much better than being hungry and cold.

      Delete
  6. Funny thing about those Nature Valley cereal bars for me. They were available free at one of my client sites so I helped myself to them all the time. Overdosed and now I don't like these already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah so nice, you can have as many cereal bars at your client sites foc. Had so much until overdosed, hahahaha!

      Delete
  7. Bread and peanut butter will do me good anytime of the day. I find cereal bars always make me hungrier. Don't know why. I love those not so healthy soup. Haha. Always brought some along during travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you need to eat more cereal bars to be full! LOL!

      Delete
  8. I am a bread lover, I can do with or without those jams.... Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to eat plain bread (kosong) too.

      Delete
  9. Why not breakfast at the inn? Their breakfast not included in the room rate? Well, I sometimes skip hotel breakfast too in the US, but that was because I wanted to go out for omelettes. Skipping hotel breakfast for cereal bars seem quite... pitiful, to me. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The breakfast is not included in the room rate and the small inn only serves coffee, bread, and cereal at NZD16 (MYR44.30) per head, no warm meals at all so no big breakfast. Paying MYR44.30 for the inn's breakfast of coffee, bread and cereal is even more pitiful. You also won't pay lah, even though it is company's money. So not worth it, right?

      Delete
    2. Hahaha true. Not worth my tummy to be eating crappy food when the company pays, hahaha!

      Delete