Friday, January 20, 2017

SuperThai revisit

We are back at SuperThai after eating here in October last year, nearly 3 months ago.

Deep fried seabass in sweet and sour sauce - MYR45 nett. Tasty and fresh fish but we prefer the sauce to be served separately because we find the sauce to be too flavourful. We like to eat the huge amount of deep fried Thai basil leaves on top of the fish.

Tempura Kang Kong (water spinach/water convovulus) - MYR13 nett. Too oily but a bit better when eaten with the peanut dip below.

This peanut dip is for the tempura kang kong.

We ordered the grilled pork neck again at MYR28 nett but this time there was too much thick black soy sauce.

Pork soup for 1 pax at MYR8 nett and rice is charged at MYR3 nett per pax.

Salt Pepper Squid - MYR20 nett. Very delicious because it was not salty but very fragrant but the portion is so much lesser than the grilled squid we ordered previously.

Total price is MYR132 nett for 4 pax which I find quite reasonable due to the amount of food that we had. Since we are all small eaters, we could not finish the food and had to take them home in the containers that we brought from home. We knew we would not be able to finish the food.

28 comments:

  1. If it's Thai, count me in! That fish looks gorgeous! What was that "lemon grass" on the cashier's receipt? I suppose that was their drink?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right! we ordered lemon grass and pandan drinks.

      Delete
  2. I always love Thai food, Thai food for me anytime, I love to visit Thailand too, simply love the country

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempura Kang Kong in Thai food is something new to me, I would love to try that if got chance and I would love to have that pork neck but not too much black soy sauce

      Delete
    2. me too. i like to eat thai food although i cannot eat too spicy food.

      Delete
    3. the pork neck is nice with lesser black soy sauce.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. aha so you prefer this to the small portion steak!

      Delete
    2. In summary, you do not fancy western food that much I think.

      Delete
  4. I haven't been back there for a while. I love the deep fried seabass and grilled pork neck. I didn't know that they have tempura kangkong. Must be a new addition to the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i notice that they have some other new items in their menu too.

      Delete
  5. I like tempura too minus the oil... and the fish bass looks nice with lots of basil leaves as toppings...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looked gorgeous. I wouldnt know it is Thai cuisine if you did not mentioned ut. Such pity not all food was to your satisfaction. It has been a while since I had Thai cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the food is fine. i do not expect all food to suit my taste bud exactly all the time.

      Delete
  7. I love Thai food too. Tempura kangkong is new to me..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also only got to know about it this year.

      Delete
  8. See the comments, macam all also never seen tempura kangkung before (in Thai food outlets here, just say fried kangkung will do). That thing is seriously, properly, addictively delicious wei! As is the salt and pepper squid...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I ate at Khun Thai is very nice, not this oily.

      Delete
  9. My hubby will love the fish, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have enjoyed this meal...kangkung (first time hearing tempura kankung for me too), pepper squid, grilled pork neck. I like Thai food a lot but I find that their level of spicyness is increasing over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i also like thai food a lot though i can't take very spicy food.

      Delete
  11. Something is wrong with my eyes that I kept reading it as 'tempura king kong'. LoL!

    It is my first time seeing peanut dip like that.

    I like deep-fried basil leaves too. So sedap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha so funny, imagine tempura king kong would be super huge!

      Delete