Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Krathong Thai Sri Petaling

Krathong Thai eatery has been in Sri Petaling for a few years now but about a year ago it moved to a new shop unit also in Sri Petaling because its previous site is being redeveloped. It is now located above the Pat Kin Pat Sun Cafe which is behind the Grand Shanghai Banquet Restaurant. You will need to walk up two flights of stairs or take the elevator to the first floor.

Fried Kway Teow - MYR8.90 nett. The portion of kway teow is just right for a small eater. It tastes like Cantonese style stir fried Noodle (wat dan hor) with adequate wok hei (taste of food stir fried in very hot oil). I like that the noodle comes with prawns, squids, baby corns, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower, carrot and choy sum vegetable.

Pineapple Fried Rice with cashew nuts, pieces of pineapple, raisins in the rice - MYR9 nett. I like that this fried rice is not salty and has no MSG because I was not thirsty at all after eating it. The rice is yellow in colour because it is stir fried with turmeric powder which makes it tastes good.

Red Ruby Dessert - MYR3 nett and Pandan Glutinous Rice with Mango in Coconut Milk dessert - MYR3.50 nett. The portion is just nice to round up the main meal with sweet food. I will order these two desserts without fail whenever I eat at Thai eateries if the price is not over MYR5 nett for each.

This Red Ruby dessert is made up of coarsely shaved ice with water chestnuts cubes encased in red tapioca flour and slices of jackfruit drenched in coconut milk. This coconut milk tastes good unlike those that came out of a can or packet which has an artificial taste.

The total bill came up to MYR24.40 nett as there is no service charge and no GST. All prices stated in the menu are nett prices.

We went at 4 pm so there are plenty of seats available. If we had placed a reservation using offpeak.my we will get up to 20% off our meals at off peak hours so the next time we visit this place, we will use the offpeak.my app to make a booking.

There are tables on the balcony for people who would like to sit in the open air, away from the air conditioned area.

22 comments:

  1. I am drooling at the desserts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red ruby dessert is called Thap Thim Krob and mango sticky rice is called mango pulut

      Delete
    2. Thap Thim Krob is Thai and Pulut is BM.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for telling me, I learn something

      Delete
    4. You are welcome! Learning is a continuous life long activity.

      Delete
  2. So cheap!!! Ours here cost an arm or a leg, anything! Kway teow looks Chinese, I would prefer pad thai...if they do it well that is. Had one that day, not quite there. Post on it coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a casual Thai eatery so the price is very affordable unlike those Thai restaurants like Absolute Thai.

      Delete
    2. Maybe I will try Pad Thai there one day.

      Delete
  3. I could finish that bowl of red ruby. The food looked good to me. I will go for the fried rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the food because they did not use any MSG.

      Delete
  4. I love Thai food especially their desserts. Drooling looking at the sticky rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I like to eat the sticky rice with mango.

      Delete
  5. I'm a dessert person and would want to try this Ruby Red goodness. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Thai food and I am drooling over the desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww thanks for the heads up. I like Thai food and this is near my place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can go try it if you are eating out that day.

      Delete
  8. Rice fry with turmeric powder nice ah? Ok I go try hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice but don't put too much turmeric powder or else it would taste bitter.

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha, I no boss, you boss! :D

      Delete