On Monday 3.aug.2026, he told me that Wah Yuen Sri Petaling now opens at 8 am so we went there for brunch. Some dishes and almost all tong sui are only available at 10 am.
*** Wah Yuen Sri Petaling ***
8.51 am - one butter egg tart and one lard egg tart.
8.53 am - soft boiled eggs for him and hot thick rich bitter sourish coffee for me because he cannot stand the strong 🐄 brand milk used in the coffee.
8.55 am - he ordered steamed rice with pork patty and dried salted fish
8.57 am - I ordered I instant noodles soup with beef curry. There are three chunks of beef in the non spicy curry which he says taste of tomato 🍅
9.16 am - I put all the instant noodles into the beef curry gravy to soak up the curry gravy.
*** Mystery ***
9.44 am - what is this bunga keembung aka garden balsam aka rose balsam doing in this Fu Gui hua aka adenium obesum aka desert rose pot?
*** Clear freezer food ***
11.08 am - he asked me to eat the last of the frozen steamed sweet potato 🍠 from the freezer
*** His early dinner ***
2.49 pm - he pan fried the frozen pork chop with two eggs for himself. I didn't eat them as I have completed my meals at 12 noon.
Morning 44.55
Next morning 44.40
Removed 150g water because completed meals early at 12 noon.
*** The End ***
I enjoyed seeing your pictures, dear Mun. I have never tried butter egg tart.
ReplyDeleteButter egg tarts are egg tarts where the pastry crust is made with butter instead of with lard
DeleteI suspect the balsam plant grew in that pot because the seeds somehow got into the pot from somewhere. I used to plant balsam and the seed pods explode (that's the fun part) when the seeds are ready and they spread everywhere and became a nuisance. LOL! So I stopped planting them.
ReplyDeleteYa when young I use to take the keembung pods and make them explode. 😂
Delete